Sunday 30 December 2012

What's HOT for 2013: Beauty Trends

OUT with the OLD, in with the WHAT? Your new face has arrived!

From lippie to lashes, here are my top five beauty picks for 2013-

1. Bubble Gum Pout
2. A, B, CC Cream?
3. Extreme Lash Attack
4. Dead Digits
5. Poker Straight Locks

Go Bubbalicious with your lip colour this spring! Gone are the berry vamp hues of Winter '12, bring on the popping pinks. I recommend heading over to a MAC counter to ensure an artist help you pick the correct tone for your skin colour and remember to balance out the rest of your make up- let your pout make a statement. I love the look of Topshop's Lip Stick in Powder Room £7.00.





Colour Correction creams are a bit of old hat and frankly a step I chose to axe a long time ago. BUT now you can combine colour correction, hydration, sun protection AND a coverage in one fail swoop??? I'm sold! There a lots of offerings launching this coming spring from high street to high end, I am going to put the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream £9.99 to the test first.


I love lashes. The longer, thicker, curler the better-  so I am super stoked that BIG lashes are coming back- although for me they never left. Ahead of the times or stuck in a rut? You decide. I don't wear falsies day to day, but if you want to give them a whirl I highly recommend the Lancome Hypnose Drama in Black on sale now at £14.07, this comes with a free mini make up remover and Noir Kohl pencil. If you are going to dabble in falsies, go for a clear wand, spikey style like MAC Cosmetics number sevens.



Gone is the nail art craze of 2012. I am pleased, bedazzling 10 fingers on a bi-weekly basis was getting tedious. The mannequin hands are officially making a comeback, remember Revlon Grey Suede? Dig it out and apply to almond shaped nails for an ultra high fash finger. I shall be applying three coats of OPI Samoan Sand £11, but go ahead and match your varnish to your skin tone.



Poker straight locks are back with a bang. Wave good bye to your teasing comb and curling iron, super sleek hair with mirror like shine is HOT for Spring 2013. I personally cannot find a better tool than my classic GHD IV Styler which you can find online for £79.00. I like to keep my roots full and my ends glossy by using Batiste Big and Bouncy XXL Volume dry shampoo £2.00 and Morrocan Oil hair oil £9.00 for 25ml.



What Beauty Trends will you rock in 2013? Let me know in the comments below.

Liz x

*please note that the only image that is my own is the one above, all sources for other images can be provided on request *

No comments:

Post a Comment